- If the student(s) do not get permission from the author of work used in their project and document this with their project, will the project be disqualified at regionals?
- What if there is inclement weather the day of the event?
Please call our main switchboard (570-523-1155) and listen for important changes in schedules in the event that the CSIU is closed or is on a delayed schedule. If this should happen, we will contact you with alternate arrangements.
- What if school is not in session during the regional event?
Please give me a call at the phone number and extension listed below and we will work on alternate arrangements for getting the projects entered into the computer fair.
- Do students have to attend to enter their project?
Sometimes students who want to submit a project may find that they are unable to attend the regional event. In this case, we can arrange for the submission and judging of the student’s project. Student participation is encouraged but not required.
- How do we register for regional and states?
Use this link to register for the regional event: http://www.pacomputerfair.org. Projects that win first place in a category are promoted to the state competition.
- Why are districts only allowed to enter twelve projects at the regional event?
Due to an increased number of participants at the regional level, it has become necessary that each district only be allowed to register two projects per category, or twelve projects maximum in any combination of categories. Please call me with any questions.
- How important is the project number?
When you register your students at http://www.pacomputerfair.org you will be assigned a unique number for each project. This number must be displayed on the project summary and will be required if your student takes first place in a category and moves on to states.
- If my student(s) wins first place, how do I register for states?
Student projects that take first place in their category at the regional event will be entered in the state competition by the CSIU. The project number will identify the project.
- Is there any cost to participate in the regional events?
There are no registration or participation costs for students or sponsors to attend the regional event.
- Can I help with anything ahead of time to make the regional event a grand success?
Please make sure that students have completed all paperwork and have the necessary signatures ready to hand in at the start of the regional event. Always ask if you have questions!
- Are there any costs for first place winners to attend states?
There are no registration or participation costs for students or sponsors to attend the state event.
- If our students win, will we need to do our own district press release to the media?
Yes, districts are encouraged to submit pictures and press releases to all the local newspapers in our five county region.